My husband and I recently celebrated our 17th anniversary. He got me a spa certificate and told me that I needed to put it to good use. I made him dinner (men are too hard to shop for). I like getting creative in the kitchen, and judging from his reaction, this recipe made the cut.
Rula's Dill Baked Salmon with Mango-Avocado Chutney and Brown Rice
- Place boneless fillets of wild caught salmon in a baking dish (single layer)
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and dried dill
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until done (flakes with fork and looks opaque...time varies with fillet thickness)
- Peel and dice two mangoes and place in a bowl
- Peel and dice one ripe avocado and toss it in
- Slice and add 1/2c of pitted kalamata olives (I like the Peloponnese brand. The right olives makes all the difference in the final flavor.)
- 1TBS white vinegar
- 2TBS chopped cilantro
- A dash of sea salt to taste
Note: I also tried the chutney with baked cod and by itself as a snack. It's great for a sweet and salty craving.
And now for that spa treatment...